Monday, January 18, 2010

Back from vacation


Nothing on the Newburgh home repair front. But lots on the getting-married-in-April front. Eddie proposed in November with this beautiful Me&Ro ring. I love it!

I wear it every so often and when I do, I can't stop staring at it.

The wedding will be in Hawaii with only family and a few
friends attending. I returned the original green dress I had immediately purchased after the proposal and replaced it with a white beachy dress from Tamara Katz, a boutique in Pa'ia, Maui.

It's not a formal wedding dress, but I think it fits with our low-key approach. The ceremony will only be 10 minutes, on the beach, with everyone standing. Then the reception will be at the vacation rental we've secured for a week, where the out-of-town guests will be staying.

We're compiling our playlist by asking guests to suggest a song on their RSVP postcards (vintage Hawaii travel poster postcards). The RSVPs and invitations were hand-written, which isn't so hard when you're only inviting 20 people.

Some recommendations:
"Can't Help Falling in Love" by Elvis
Hawaiian Wedding Song (various artists have performed it, including Elvis)
"No Ordinary Love" by Chris Botti
"Blues for Pablo" by Miles Davis
"Olomana" by Ku'u home o kahalu'u
"Somewhere Over the Rainbow" by Braddah Iz


3 comments:

  1. wish you guys the best, and very original ring! Can't wait to hear your updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Newburgh Restoration! And thanks for keeping us updated on Newburgh developments. I am so happy that SUNY Orange County will be done by 2011. That offsets the stabbing that took place around the corner of our new house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are oh so welcome. Email me sometime! I tried emailing you, but think it was the wrong person! Whoops!

    ReplyDelete